Sometimes you need to get away to get back to yourself. To reflect, renew and re-imagine what's next. The busy-ness of life, caring for those you love, trying to fit it all in—to do and have it all—can take a lot out of you. That's why it's good to put something back in: soul connections and much-needed laughs, good food and wine, inspiring conversations ... and a safe, sacred space to explore all of the stories of who you are, including who you've been and who you can be next, using the storytelling strategies that the Garage Girls share in our popular life-writing experiences and retreats in Los Angeles.
This summer's destination girls retreat offers all that—and even more—and we've planned it in a captivating place you've likely never heard about! Situated in Upstate New York on beautiful Lake Ontario, Sackets Harbor is an uber-quaint historic little village nestled near the Thousand Islands. Like YOUR MAGICAL NEXT CHAPTER, this destination is a hidden gem that you might never find without a little support in navigating. And that's where we come in!
While there are incredible sunsets and ocean-like views, plus, cute walkable shops and restaurants in town, there is something undeniably enchanting about this place that can't be explained by listing its tourism virtues. Suffice it to say: It's captured our imaginations—as we know it will inspire you in similar ways, too—and that's why we can't wait to share it with you July 24-29th for five incredible days!
With group and personal one-on-one story coaching, get ready to create, connect and get back to your authentic self. REMEMBER who you really are, RE-IMAGINE the possibilities and RETURN back to your ordinary world RENEWED.
Come unleash the power of YOUR story on an adventure of a lifetime with others who are seeking the same. Unlike "big-box" retreats where you are one out of a hundreds, our retreats are kept purposefully intimate to allow plenty of focused attention on YOU and YOUR STORY. Pack your swimsuit and laptop/journal and get ready to write and reflect your way clear about:
• the narrative arc of your amazing life story—and most importantly—how you'd like to write your next chapter, personally, professionally and spiritually. We all can feel unsure at times and wonder which direction to take on our journey, especially when it comes to decisions about our career, home life, relationships, and even where and how we want to live.
• your creative self and new ways to define it, rediscovering your bliss and the type of joyful play you enjoyed as a kid. Recapture those youthful feelings that anything is possible. Here, no dream is too silly or out of reach, especially when you are surrounded by inspiring and supportive, likeminded girlfriends!
• the fears that may be holding you back using the Garage Girls' "Rewrite Your Story" Re-imagining Exercise to overcome creative blocks, facilitate healing and open to new possibilities. We all have old stories that we replay in our minds and hold onto. Learn how to revise, retell and release these stories in a way that empowers you to move forward and upward in vibration.
• the clearly defined and realistic next steps to bring your incredible next chapter to life.
The Garage Girls' Walk, Water, Write (and Wine) Summer Retreat 2018
on Lake Ontario in Sackets Harbor, New York.
Your Accomodation-Inclusive Retreat Price includes:
• Walk, Water, Write (& Wine), an inspiring daily life-writing and soul-connecting agenda led by the Garage Girls (founders of WriteYourLifeLA.com, Garage Girl Life-Writing Retreats and the popular LA-based AIRBNB experiences, Bootcamp for Creatives in Transition and Malibu and Santa Monica Writer’s Journeys.)
• Group transportation to and from Syracuse Hancock International Airport to our Harbor House Inn Hotel in Sackets Harbor, NY. (About 1.5 hour drive.) Plus, chartered transportation to and from daily activities when needed.
• Five-night hotel stay in a newly renovated, uber-comfortable waterfront inn, providing you with a private room with king-size bed, spa-like bathroom and personal mini fridge, all located steps away from quaint village shops, restaurants, hiking/biking trails and fun local activities. Included amenities: access to newly renovated fitness center and pool, bike rentals, and a horse-and-carriage tour of the village.
• Daily continental breakfast and afternoon Tea & Wine Bar are provided. We will also bring guests to the grocery store after arrival, so you can buy snacks and other mainstays for your personal fridge. Lunch is no-host, but we will provide plenty of recommendations and local menus for cafes and restaurants all within walking distance.
We have dinner-in-the-village get-togethers planned at a different local eatery every night, hosted by the Garage Girls. Dinner is optional and is not included in the price to allow flexibility in cuisine/dietary choices and additional personal time for other activities.
• Day trip options included in the price:
—a private charter boat tour of Lake Ontario islands with short stop to swim and frolic about. (Includes lunch, use of standup paddleboards, kayaks and snorkeling equipment). Lasts five hours.
— local maple syrup forest and wine-tasting tours.
—Singer Castle/Thousand Islands Boat Tour on the St. Lawrence Seaway (departs at Alexandria Bay, a 45-minute drive north from Sackets Harbor. Includes Uncle Sam Steamship boat tour of Thousand Islands and two-hour stop/tour of the mysterious Singer Castle on Dark Island. Lasts five hours, including to-and-from travel.)
• Cinematherapy. On two evenings, we'll gather in the GG suite to watch some of our favorite chick-flicks that remind us that it's OK to still want things and inspire us to overcome the fears that may prevent us from going after them. Wear your PJs! Get ready to laugh, cry and connect as we talk about the stories that matter to us most!
• Beach Time. Ever wonder what it was like to swim in one of the cleanest Great Lakes? Frolic like a kid again, body surf or lay on the sand while you read a good book at a nearby Lake Ontario beach. Enjoy freshwater swimming at its best!
• Plenty of free time to journal, hang out with new friends, explore the village, ride a bike, try standup paddle board yoga and put your feet in the water.
• Our favorite local walks and hikes (includes 2-mile Sackets Harbor Village Trail Loop, plus a picturesque cliff-side forest trail at nearby Wehle State Park. Enjoy incredible lake views, summer breezes and morning-exercise endorphins!
ONLY six SPOTS LEFT!
Retreat Price (including accommodation, daily breakfast and activities): $2,499
Want more information or to chat live with us about the retreat? Call or text Courtney at 503.915.0084 – would love to hear from you! Or email us at email@example.com